Immigrating from Sicily, Salvatore LaPaglia brought his 4-year-old daughter, Carmela, to the United States in 1914 and settled in Rochester, New York. He later married Assunta Greamera, who also had a child (Oscar Cocchiara) from a previous marriage. When Oscar was 16 and Carmela was 14 years old they married. Together they raised three sons. Antonio Cocchiara, the eldest, married Margaret Mary Haag and they had ten children. Anthony was the eldest.
Harry Harold Allen married Jennie LePage, a Canadian citizen, in the early 1900s. They had five children. Joseph Alexander Allen was the third child born to this family. Joseph married Gwenith Mae Kent and together they had seven children. Sandra was their eldest.
Our legacy is a rich mixture of the past, the present, and the future.
It predates my research and extends through time to the distant future.
With every union and every birth our legacy grows.
Surname List Index of Names
Lineage Chart Links to the Past Forms
Our Very Special Thanks To
- The late Mrs. Lucy (Kent) Stewart, for compiling The Kent/Merrill Family Tree. Her work peaked my interest in genealogy and inspired me to begin researching our heritage to preserve The Cocchiara - Allen Family Legacy for future generations.
- Ms. Edith Stewart, for helping me to understand and sort out all the information her mother compiled.
- My mother, Mrs. Gwenith (Kent) Allen, for helping me to “fill-in” the blanks in our family history.
- Mr. & Mrs. Wayne L. Kent, for providing and allowing use of The Kent Family Coat of Arms image.
- To my husband, Tony, for his loving support, patience, and understanding during my research and the preparation of this site.
- And, to everyone who gave so generously of their time, information, documentation, and photographs.